Monday, September 1, 2008

A Little Bike News

I have finally gotten Eliza set up so I can take both children. The extra weight of the trailer slows me down but we are never in a hurry so it doesn't matter. Mostly we have just been down to the park and around the 'hood. But I am hopeful we will take some longer trips to the zoo or somewhere else exciting and beyond the Valley.

On our trip Saturday, we ran into Boyd, Ann Melone, Boyd's mom Kay and Baby Nonah. We finally got a photo of our bike train. Thanks Ann.



And in other news, I took my old and much loved Univega "Viva Sport" to Bike Works to convert it to a single speed. I have wanted to do this for awhile, and finally decided I could use it to commute to work. I picked it up on Saturday but hadn't had a chance for a ride. Today we ordered take-out from the Thai joint a few miles up the road. I quickly turned the new bike into the ultimate take-out delivery bike.



She rode great. I will definitely get myself in bike shape right quick. I added the quick release bike rack, 2 bungee cords and a soft-sided cooler we picked up at Ikea years ago. The food fit perfectly in the bag and was still warm by the time I got home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Eliza's looking goooood. Strong enough to tow the extra load! You can tell her I said so.

Cam said about your road bike that it looks like a torture devise with the seat higher than the handbars! Ha!

Would love to ride you guys some time.