Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thanks for the Crabs Maddy

Our BFF Maddy hails from Whidbey Island. For 15 years she has been promising me a crab feed on the island with the whole crab boil just like they do it in the movies.

This has proved impossible to schedule in all these years so every once in a while, Maddy tosses us a teaser crab here and there.

Thursday night Laramie laid out the spread.



Everything was perfect: the crab, the beer, the butter, the pilaf, the kale.



We even had a lovely soundtrack.



OK, so not everything was perfect. We tried to ignore those pesky children for as long as possible. Didn't they understand we were eating CRAB for pete's sake?

In the end, we sucked every bit of meat from those crabs, finished the beer and the children stopped crying, although I can't share with you how we made that happen…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your posts even if I don't share your love for crab. :P Cam is thoroughly drooling over here though.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you liked the crab. I made my favorite with ours...messy messy messy Spaghetti and Crabs. It was delicious! (by the way, I'm glad I didn't try to take you on this crabbing trip. my Dad's boat engine died out there so we floated around forever before we got the little motor going and then puttered back in to the marina super super slow. It would have been totally embarrassing!)