Thursday, July 31, 2008

Eliza, Our new love


I have few loves. My wife. My children. My parents. Coffee. Bikes. Those last two could also be cross-referenced under addictions. I will save that discussion for a later date or maybe never.

One of my first adventures with Harper was to REI to get a trailer. We used it for the Tour de Cure. We rode it to the grocery store. It was a lot of fun. But I wanted her to be closer and out in the open, the wind blowing in her curls. I didn't want the length and jerkiness of the trailer.

And then I saw here. The Xtracycle. A Sport Utility Bicycle. Awesome. I felt sure it could work with one of the 3 bikes I had already. Not so fast. I needed a mountain bike with gears, something I didn't have in the garage. Enter Dylan. He offered up his well-loved, 10 year old Trek and the price was right. A few days and dollars later, we had our very own Xtracycle. I named her Eliza, after Ms. Doolittle, because she started out rough but polished up quite nicely.

Welcome to the family.

No comments: