Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Post-Why A Blog?

Yes, I know. We have a photoblog. And I love it. And the grandparents love. And their friends love it. And even some people we never expected to even know about it love it.

But my wife has hijacked it. And I am totally fine with that. I started it as a photo-a-day project. I did really well for awhile too. And then along came Harper. So every day for many months we took photo after photo of our beautiful daughter. We photo documented everything that child did. Rub food on her face? Check. Sit on the potty for the first time? Check. First birthday? Duh, of course.

Slowly the camera never wandered too far from the little one. And Laramie started adding hilarious and witty captions. I try, but hers are always much funnier. She never believes me but it is true.

Now we have another little one. This time a boy. And between the both of them, it is a regular photo shoot wherever they go. I have lost control of the camera. To the point I have been tempted to get myself another point and shoot that no one else can use, or touch, or even sniff.

The photoblog has some limitations. With this new blog, I can post videos of my brilliant children doing brilliant things. I can write on and on about the mundane, the peculiar, the fascinating. I can encourage you to get out of your car and onto your bike. I can sing the praises of my 'hood and the lovely neighbors we have.

Therefore, I am starting The Holliman Chronicles. Welcome. Let's see what transpires.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it!